Take Control of Your Future
Benefits to Enrolling at YouthBuild Lake County:
- High School Diploma
- Job Training and Career Certifications
- College Success Navigation – From preparation through admission
- Individual and Group Counseling through our Wellness Program
- Post-Secondary Scholarship through AmeriCorps – Segal Award
Eligibility – Must be 17-24 years old and qualify for one of the following (with documentation):
- Low Income
- Youth Offender
- Adult Offender
- Incarcerated Parent
- Migrant Youth
- Within or Aged-Out of Foster System
Documentation Need Upon Enrollment:
- YouthBuild Application
- Valid State ID/Driver’s License with Lake County address
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- High School withdrawal verification
- Official Transcripts OR High School Diploma
We are able to assist with getting these documents
Steps for Admission:
Apply!!! Come in and fill out an application or complete the form below and we will contact you!
- All interested will be invited to attend an informational session where you will receive a more thorough explanation of the YouthBuild Lake County Program. Informationals are held every first Monday of each month.
- After attending the informational session, we ask you to attend a TABE Test (pre-test) which helps us gauge where you are academically. After this test we ask you to engage in an Iceberg Interview where you and a staff member talk about your success here at YouthBuild Lake County.
- After steps 1, 2, and 3 are complete, we will invite you to our two-week Mental Toughness, a two-week period where we see who best will benefit from our program. This is competitive process!