North Chicago, IL 60064
Salary: $24,960.00 /year
About YouthBuild Lake County
YouthBuild Lake County is an education and career training program for youth ages 17-24. Students enter our program to earn a high school diploma through the Penn Foster online diploma program while also learning marketable career skills and certifications so they can enter the workforce.
Case Management & Support Services
- Keep up-to-date student case notes
- Help students acquire external services as needed; provide follow-up
- Develop and maintain partnerships from external service providers & other resources
- Make daily, monthly, and quarterly follow-up calls
- Assist in process of compiling and verifying student time sheets for various funding streams and training/service hours
- Participate in process to submit requests for student monetary compensation (bonuses, payroll, stipends, etc.)
- Coordinate and assist with student enrollment and intake
- Coordinate enrollment, evaluations, service logs, and exit of Minimum Time and Quarter Time AmeriCorps members
- Coordinate or assist Student Services Case Manager in coordination of resources regarding substance use and abuse including but not limited to Substance Education classes, SBIRT grant, and Wellness grant requirements
- Maintain student binders and files to ensure all documentation is accurate and audit ready at all times
Wellness Services and Life Skills
- Assist students in achieving goals within the scope of student services duties
- Assist in developing behavior modification strategies for student overall success
- Advocate for students by representing their best interests at all times
- Provide support to the Instructor and Student Services Case Manager to deliver the Life Skills curriculum as needed
- Provide academic support to the Instructor as needed by substituting class, assisting with tutoring, or referring to academic resources
- Administer Gain/Wonderlic or TABE tests
- Serve as an advisor/mentor for students to build relationships and achieve success
- Assist in designing appropriate student policies and procedures
- Build and share relationships with community partners and social service agencies around mental health, housing, pregnancy/parenting, financial services, family issues, substance use, etc.
- Provide referral support as needed for students throughout program, connect to appropriate available resources and help them apply for assistance programs
- Assist with distribution and collection of documentation and information to students from program
- Participate and provide support to the recruiting team: community outreach, intake, informational sessions, follow-up, etc.
- Assist students in obtaining documents needed for eligibility
- Lead and conduct prospective student informational sessions
- Proactively help applicants find resources (e.g. healthcare, child care, legal representation)
- Introduce YBLC graduates to opportunities for alumni involvement
- Coordinate activities for alumni engagement
- Maintain alumni relations and provide supportive services as necessary
- Communicate recruitment and referral incentives to alumni
Promote Atmosphere of Support & Success
- Enhance student meetings with activities and videos to promote success and skills
- Create and maintain student handbook
- Create and maintain “Student Success Stories” for promotion and communication to funders, supporters and the public
- Maintain boards, posters, and announcements related to student achievement
- Maintain AmeriCorps service boards
- Assist in the coordination student luncheon events
- Adhere to the highest standards concerning student confidentiality and individual respect
- Collaborate with all staff to achieve or exceed program goals and outcomes
- General administrative tasks including filing, printing, faxing, data entry, etc.
- Valid state driver’s license and good driving record
- Transport students for training and events as needed
- Represent YBLC in a professional manner at all times
- Serve as a member of the YBLC staff team by sharing ideas and concerns regarding member success and program quality
- Work in harmony with all YBLC staff, volunteers, contractors, and community partners
- Attend staff training and meetings
- Support agency as needed: donor events, mentoring students, Service Events, Mental Toughness, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Previous case management experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Desire to work with culturally diverse students from 17-24 years old.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.