North Chicago, IL 60064
Salary: $31,200.00 /year
About YouthBuild Lake County
YouthBuild Lake County is an education and career training program for youth ages 17-24. Students enter our program to earn a high school diploma through the Penn Foster online diploma program while also learning marketable career skills and certifications so they can enter the workforce.
The Instructor plans and implements education strategies for students within the YouthBuild organization.
- Plan, develop, manage and evaluate education programs to meet education needs and requirements for the students attending YouthBuild program
- Ensure quality control of consistency that required components of education programs meet the recommended standards.
- Works with other YouthBuild programs, community and county departments to partner and collaborate on engaging educational content.
- Acts as a liaison to other departments regarding education, literacy/numeracy testing, program progression and student outcomes.
- Participate in training for education programs and YouthBuild supported meetings.
- Formulate and recommend programs, goals, and objectives for education programs
- Create and maintain current policies and procedures as they relate to students obtaining their high school diploma
- Facilitate the Penn Foster program by enrolling students and maintaining accurate records including high school transcript documentation
- Develop and implement project based learning strategies with curriculum so students acquire a deeper knowledge through active exploration of real-world challenges and problems.
- Provide learning support to students through academic classes including blended instruction
- Reinforce math concepts learned in construction program
- Ensure academic integrity
- Develop Digital Portfolio curriculum and oversee student completion of presentations
- Oversee and coordinate Financial Literacy component of the YouthBuild program
- Coordinate with Wellness Program to integrate key life skill components into programming
Career Pathways Education
- Deliver or assist in delivery of various career pathway curricula
- Deliver Career Readiness curriculum
- Ensure cross disciplinary curriculum alignment in collaboration with peers and under the oversight of the Program Director
- Oversee or schedule training for occupational certifications including but not limited to forklift, CPR/First Aid training classes, OSHA 10, NCCER, etc.
- Assist students in navigation of career pathway education in the transition phase
- Adhere to the highest standards concerning student confidentiality and individual respect
- Collaborate with all staff to achieve or exceed program goals and outcomes
- General administrative tasks including filing, printing, faxing, data entry, etc.
- Valid state driver’s license and good driving record
- Transport students for training and events as needed
- Represent YBLC in a professional manner at all times
- Serve as a member of the YBLC staff team by sharing ideas and concerns regarding member success and program quality
- Work in harmony with all YBLC staff, volunteers, contractors, and community partners
- Attend staff training and meetings
- Support agency as needed: donor events, mentoring students, service events, Mental Toughness, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years previous experience in education, curriculum/instructional plan development, instruction and training.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Enthusiasm for teaching a culturally diverse student population from 17-24 years old.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.