North Chicago, IL 60064
Salary: $31,200.00 /year
About YouthBuild Lake County
YouthBuild Lake County is an education and career training program for youth ages 17-24. Students enter our program to earn a high school diploma through the Penn Foster online diploma program while also learning marketable career skills and certifications so they can enter the workforce.
- Serve as an advisor/mentor for students to build relationships and achieve success
- Maintain flow of communication between program and student
- Build and maintain relationships with community partners and agencies around mental health, housing, pregnancy/parenting, financial services, family issues, substance use, etc.
- Provide referral support as needed for students throughout program, connect to appropriate available resources and help them apply for assistance programs
- Manage AmeriCorps program coordination including member enrollment and service hour tracking, grant compliance, special service events/days, and mentoring program
- Implement all procedures of the Student Services Department as outlined in the YBLC Policies and Procedures Manual
- Assist in designing appropriate student policies and procedures
- Provide support to the Program Director to determine communication strategy and deliver objectives to students
- Maintain program cycle binder
Wellness, Life Skills & Counseling
- Create and deliver Life Skills curriculum to students
- Schedule, organize, and execute Wellness / Life Skills speakers
- Act as primary liaison for Wellness (RFU) Groups
- Coordinate resources regarding substance use and abuse including but not limited to Substance Education classes, SBIRT grant, and Wellness grant requirements
- Assist students in achieving goals within the scope of student services duties
- Facilitate behavioral interventions with staff, students, and parents
- Advocate for students by representing their best interests at all times
- Provide occasional staff training relating to student interfaces
- Coordinate monthly feedback sessions between RFU and YBLC
- Coordinate semiannual staff training for YBLC staff led by RFU
- Provide necessary student follow up including home visits when necessary to re-engage students with chronic attendance or behavior concerns
Case Management & Support Services
- Update and deliver Student Success Plans each month
- Keep up-to-date student case notes
- Help students acquire external services as needed; provide follow-up
- Develop and maintain partnerships from external service providers & other resources
- Make daily, monthly, and quarterly follow-up calls
- Oversee alumni relations to ensure ongoing engagement with former students
- Maintain current knowledge of grants and funding stream requirements
- Communicate with grantors as required to ensure program is in good standing and adhering to all grant regulations, procedures, and reporting requirements
- Coordinate preparation of grant monitoring and audit visits senior staff
- Participate and provide support to the recruiting team: community outreach, intake, informational sessions, follow-up, etc.
- Oversee prospective student intake, enrollment, and onboarding by Student Services Staff
Supervision of direct reports
- Assist direct reports in setting performance goals and deadlines in ways that comply with the program’s mission, vision, strategic plan and operational plan
- Support direct reports and ensure that staff understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitor staff productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Complete performance evaluations at times as directed by senior leadership
- Adhere to the highest standards concerning student confidentiality and individual respect.
- Collaborate with all staff to achieve or exceed program goals and outcomes.
- General administrative tasks including filing, printing, faxing, data entry, etc.
- Valid state driver’s license and good driving record
- Transport students for training and events as needed
- Represent YBLC in a professional manner at all times
- Serve as a member of the YBLC staff team by sharing ideas and concerns regarding member success and program quality
- Work in harmony with all YBLC staff, volunteers, contractors, and community partners
- Attend staff training and meetings
- Support agency as needed: donor events, mentoring students, Service Events, Mental Toughness, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work/Psychology/Counseling Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years previous experience in case management and/or workforce development.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Enthusiasm for teaching a culturally diverse student population from 17-24 years old.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.