North Chicago, IL 60064
About YouthBuild Lake County
YouthBuild Lake County is an education and career training program for youth ages 17-24. Students enter our program to earn a high school diploma through the Penn Foster online diploma program while also learning marketable career skills and certifications so they can enter the workforce.
YouthBuild Lake County is looking for a motivated, compassionate and organized person to fill our Case Coordinator position.
At YouthBuild Lake County we help low-income, at risk youth, ages 17-24 earn their high school diploma, learn marketable job skills and enter post-secondary education. While enrolled in our academic and career programs, our students also participate in wellness activities and counseling.
As the Student case Counselor/Coordinator you will manage our wellness, life skills and counseling programs and provide case management and support services to our students.
As the Case Coordinator you will work with the Program Director and Executive Director to development and implement the program. You will also work as the primary liaison with Rosalind Franklin University (RFU), our partner in providing mental health assessments and counseling services. You will be paramount in helping our students achieve the success they desire by providing them the mental health guidance and life skills support they need.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling, organizing and executing our Wellness/Life Skills speakers
- Assisting students in the navigation of their education pathway during their transition phase from YouthBuild to Post-Secondary Education
- Facilitating, when necessary, interventions with staff, students and parents
- Updating and delivering Student Success Plans each month
- Serving as an advisor/mentor for students to build relationships and achieve success
If you’re the right person for this position you will have these required skills:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work/Psychology/Counseling
- LCSW or LCPC
- Have at least two years of experience
The staff at YouthBuild are passionate about helping young people achieve education and career success. We excel at working together for the betterment of our students. If you have a desire to help others and you enjoy working collaboratively, you are probably a great fit for our team!
If you’re ready to apply, please submit your cover letter and resume.