North Chicago, IL 60064
Salary: $24,960.00 /year
The serious candidate will submit a cover letter and complete the administrative assistant assessment for consideration.
About YouthBuild Lake County
YouthBuild Lake County is an education and career training program for youth ages 17-24. Students enter our program to earn a high school diploma through the Penn Foster online diploma program while also learning marketable career skills and certifications so they can enter the workforce.
The Program Assistant will assist the Executive Director with all forms of agency communications, record keeping, advancing the mission and vision of YouthBuild Lake County.
- Assist Executive Director with filing and preparation of reports, grants, etc. as needed
- Manage agency master calendar and Executive Director’s calendar
- Make travel arrangements
- Post job openings to various job boards and screen resumes for potential candidates
- Ensure all job descriptions and resumes are up to date
- Facilitate new hire documentation and onboarding
- Maintain policies and procedures manuals
- Create and add material to hard copy files as needed for record keeping
- Update database of digital records
- Coordinate maintenance needed for agency vehicles
- Oversee maintenance and accuracy of technology and central phone system
- Coordinate facility maintenance needs with construction staff, landlord, or other vendor
- Support Executive Director as needed with various administrative tasks
- Greet guests and vendors upon arrival and direct them to the appropriate place
- Manage supply inventory
- Answer phones when needed and direct calls
- Attend agency and community events as required
- Document and track full-time AmeriCorps member service records and
- Plan and lead service events including AmeriCorps, national, and local service days
- Assist in coordination of special events
- Develop partnerships to generate community involvement for students
- Assist in coordination and execution of agency events such as mock interviews and student luncheons.
- Adhere to the highest standards concerning student confidentiality and individual respect
- Collaborate with all staff to achieve or exceed program goals and outcomes
- General administrative tasks including filing, printing, faxing, data entry, etc.
- Valid state driver’s license and good driving record
- Transport students for training and events as needed
- Represent YBLC in a professional manner at all times
- Serve as a member of the YBLC staff team by sharing ideas and concerns regarding member success and program quality
- Work in harmony with all YBLC staff, volunteers, contractors, and community partners
- Attend staff training and meetings
- Support agency as needed: donor events, mentoring students, Service Events, Mental Toughness, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Desire to work with culturally diverse students from 17-24 years old.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.