Below are some key facts about YouthBuild Lake County. For further information, please feel free to contact us.
- A local chapter of YouthBuild USA, the national youth development organization founded in Harlem in 1990
- Began operations in 2001 as a part of Daisy’s Resource Center
- Incorporated as an independent nonprofit agency in November 2003
- Led by Executive Director Tameka Wilson
- 12 full time employees and 4 part time employees
- 3 Full Time Americorps Memebers
- 14 members on Board of Directors; 6 Emeritus Board of Directors
- Located at:
1812 Morrow Avenue,
North Chicago, IL 60064
- Capacity to serve 70-100 youth per year; actual number varies with funding
- Job training and education programs for low-income youth from Lake County, IL
- Number of job training programs varies with funding; in 2012, YBLC is running 5 training programs, serving a total of 81 youth.
- Wellness services and construction of affordable housing also provided
- Three (3) homes built
- Four (4) scheduled for construction
- Four (4) rehabs completed
We’re very proud of the success of our program trainees. An average of 78% of our participants graduate and are placed in jobs at the end of their programs.